Batch Deployment Unit – job
It enables developers, scientists and engineers to execute a series of jobs automatically in the cloud.
- AWS provisions and scales the server capacity and manages the utilization.
- AWS manages the availability and fault tolerance of the application.
- It enables developers , scientists and engineers to easily and efficiently run hundreds of thousands of batch computing jobs on AWS.
- With AWS batch, there is no need to install and manage batch computing software or server clusters that you use to run your jobs , allowing you to focus analysing results & solving problems.
- AWS batch plans, schedules and executes your batch computing workloads across full range of AWS compute services and features such as Amazon EC2 & spot instances.
Batch – Common Use Cases
- It can shift the time of job processing to periods when greater or less expensive capacity is available.
- It avoids idling compute resources with frequent manual intervention and supervision.
- It increases efficiency by driving higher utilization of compute resources.
- Execution of multiple jobs in parallel.