ECS Deployment Unit – Containers
It is container management service that supports Docker containers.
- You provision and scale the server capacity and manage the utilization and availability.
- AWS manages the fault tolerance of the application.
- AWS manages cluster state and container deployment..
EC2 container service
- It is highly scalable and highly managed container service.
- It supports docker containers that allows you to run applications on a managed cluster of EC2 instances.
- With API calls , you can launch and stop dockor enabled applications , query the complete state of your cluster and access many familiar features like security groups, elastic load balancing, EBS volumes and IAM roles.
- There is no additional charge for Amazon EC2 container service , you pay for AWS resources (EC2 instances or EBS volumes).
ECS – Common Use Cases
- Web applications
- Batch jobs
- Docker workloads