Security, Identity & Compliance
- Cloud security at AWS is the highest priority.
- An AWS customer will benefit from a data center and network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations.
- The AWS cloud provides a platform to scale and innovate, while still maintaining a secure environment.
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) enables user to securely control access to AWS services and resources for the users.
- It is used to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Amazon Inspector is an automated security assessment service that helps improve the security and compliance of applications deployed on AWS.
- It produces a detailed list of security findings prioritized by level of severity.
- AWS Certificate Manager is a service that provides easy provision, manage, and deploy Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security (SSL/TLS) certificates for use with AWS services.
- It is used to request a certificate, deploy it on AWS resources such as Elastic Load Balancing load balancers or Amazon CloudFront distributions, and to handle certificate renewals.
- AWS Directory Service for Microsoft Active Directory (Enterprise Edition), also known as AWS Microsoft AD, enables your directory-aware workloads and AWS resources to use managed Active Directory in the AWS Cloud.
- User can use standard Active Directory administration tools and take advantage of built-in Active Directory features such as Group Policy, trusts, and single sign-on.
WAF and Shield
- AWS WAF is a web application firewall that helps protect your web applications from common web exploits that could affect application availability, compromise security, or consume excessive resources.
- AWS Shield is a managed Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection service that safeguards web applications running on AWS.
- Compliance Reports enable customers to understand the robust controls in place at AWS to maintain security and data protection in the cloud.
- AWS compliance enablers build on traditional programs, helping you to establish and operate in an AWS security control environment.