- A critical component of cloud computing is cloud storage that holds the information used by applications.
- AWS offers a complete range of cloud storage services to support both application and archival compliance requirements.
S3 Simple Storage Service
- Internet storage
- Any amount of data can be stored and retrieved at any time.
- AWS management console-a simple and intuitive web interface is used for this purpose.
EFS Elastic File System
- Amazon Elastic File System (Amazon EFS) provides simple, scalable file storage for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS Cloud.
- Multiple EC2 instances can access an Amazon EFS file system at the same time, allowing Amazon EFS to provide a common data source for workloads and applications running on more than one EC2 instance.
- Amazon Glacier is a secure, durable, and extremely low-cost storage service for data archiving and long-term backup.
- Store large or small amounts of data for as little as $0.004 per gigabyte per month.
- To keep costs, Amazon Glacier provides three options for access to archives, from a few minutes to several hours
- AWS Storage Gateway is a hybrid storage service that enables your on-premises applications to seamlessly use storage in the AWS Cloud.
- Applications connect to the service through a gateway appliance using standard storage protocols, such as NFS and iSCSI.