1. Functions used for 2D plots are used to create 3D plots with ‘3’ at the end; like, plot3, bar3, bar3h, pie3, comet3, stem3, etc.
2. The meshgrid function can be used to create (x,y) points for which z=f(x,y); then the x,y, and z matrices can be passed to mesh or surf.
1. These are two-dimensional representations of three-dimensional surfaces.
2. The contour and surfc commands are used to create the plot.
Pseudo Color Plots
1. A two-dimensional shaded map is generated over a grid.
2. A sample function called peaks that generates the x , y , and z matrices of an interesting surface that looks like a mountain range.